Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing Partner Voicemail VS 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytripod

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2005
US
I bought a used Partner Plus phone system recently for our new shop. I'm installing it and the phones seem to work fine but I can't get into voicemail. My manual says hit Intercom 777 but all it does is ring with no answer. The green power light on the module is lit. Clues: with Voicemail module installed, a call to the main number gives me a "transfering to receptionist" message and then ext. 10 rings. If I unseat the voicemail, then the incoming call automatically rings ext. 10 (at least. Maybe more extensions as well). So the system does at least recongize a difference with the VS module installed or not. Do I access the voicemail menu some other way? Am also wondering if the password from the previous company won't allow me to enter the VS system even after I access it. Thanks for any help.

Chris Sideris
Systems Director
Sacramento Cabinet & Millwork, Inc.

You need to set up the voice mail. It doesn't do it by it's self. You will have to go into programming with feature 00, left intercom twice, #505 group 7 and enter the voicemail extension. The vmail is seen as a 206 module. With a partner plus unit the vmail extensions will be 20 &21 if in slot 2, 26 & 27 if in slot 4 and 32 & 33 if in slot 5. You will assign the correct extensions to this group 7 in #505.
This will then allow you to dial intercom 777 and access the voice mail. This is the basic set up required.
JDSlay

Hey Chris,
That manuals are availble for free download from Avaya. Follow the links for documention. Your system is under Partner. This may make things much easier for you.

-Chris

Thanks so much. Yep, that #505 was the ticket. Made sure I wrote down 32 and 33 in the manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back