Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing outlook through remote access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crows27

MIS
Sep 4, 2001
US
I've setup a VPN connection at the office and am logging in with no problem and accessing the network ok. My question is how can i access the exchange server for mail remotely?

Upon rolling out w2k i'm setting up terminal services so that will no longer be in a issue but in the interim i would welcome any feedback :)

Can you ping the IP Address of the exchange box?

yes..i can ping the exchange server and browse it in network neighborhood. going to increase the TO to 600 seconds and see

ok have it working....first i had to setup exchange server properties and check name when inside the LAN and was able to VPN and access mailbox. Just tried it again setting up properties while connecting via VPN with timeout of 600 seconds and it worked (didn't take the full 10 minutes...actually only took 20 seconds or so but on previous tries it may have needed the longer time out due to connection speed).

but it's working :)

Excellent. I know when I post questions it motivates me to work harder to find the answers myself. Congratulations for figuring it out. Nothing quite feels like finding it yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back