Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing movies on CD (again) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cspgsl

Technical User
Apr 5, 2002
CA
I am returning to the problem of accessing a movie in a subfile on a CD. The webs were created on FP98, Win XP Pro.
I have two languages on the CD and I can access each language's pages from the index page (thanks to Corey). When I go to the Spanish pages which are all contained in the subfile "cdsp" and click on the link to a movie page the page opens fine but the movie won't start. I can access all pages on the Spanish side but I can't get any movies to start. Everything works fine on the English side.
The code is below.
Help, again and thanks again.

<object id=&quot;MediaPlayer&quot; width=&quot;320&quot; height=&quot;286&quot; classid=&quot;CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95&quot; standby=&quot;Loading Microsoft® Windows® Media Player components...&quot; type=&quot;application/x-oleobject&quot; codebase=&quot; <param name=&quot;filename&quot; value=&quot;cdsp/movies/paint.wmv&quot;>
<param name=&quot;autoStart&quot; value=&quot;false&quot;>
<param name=&quot;showControls&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;>
<param name=&quot;ShowStatusBar&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;>
<param name=&quot;Autorewind&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;>
<param name=&quot;ShowDisplay&quot; value=&quot;false&quot;><embed SRC=&quot;cdsp/movies/paint.wmv&quot; WIDTH=&quot;320&quot; HEIGHT=&quot;286&quot; type=&quot;application/x-mplayer2&quot; name=&quot;MediaPlayer&quot; autostart=&quot;0&quot; showcontrols=&quot;0&quot; showstatusbar=&quot;1&quot; autorewind=&quot;1&quot; showdisplay=&quot;0&quot;>
</object>

What I did when I created the cdsp folder was create a movies file within cdps. I thought by inserting <embed SRC=&quot;cdsp/movies/paint.wmv&quot; that it would look to the file cdsp and then the file movies, etc.
I never thought of not including cdsp. I shall give it a try right now and report back

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
It's obvious that I have a little bit of knowledge... and you know what they say about having &quot;a little bit&quot;.
Now I can burn this sucker and take it on a plane to a sunny climate and sell the customer.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back