Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Meridian though network

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewarlock

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
I worked at a place years ago that I could access the PBX from any PC on the network, does anyone know how I would set this up on another PBX so I can access this PBX on the network to.

There are 2 ways you can do this. Either through the M1's own network port, see which tells you how to set this up. Alternatively you could attach a terminal server to the tty port. Lantronix make 1 that's really easy to set up - UDS-10-02

We have a pc with PCAnywhere running hooked to 1 of the tty ports of the pbx (thru the serial port). Then you can pcanywhere in to the PC and have access to the switch from anywhere on the lan or vpn. The only problem is if you want to cut and paste to the clipboard its an extra step.

Hello,
We use terminal servers. basically serial to ip converters and you simply telnet to the different serial ports. very clean and access from any PC running hyperterm. Baytech, Zyplex, and Blackbox are what my company uses all over country. worst thing is getting pinout correct, they are all RJ45 ports and I am stuck using a converter to connect to PBX ports.

Hi:

If you have a Unix box handy, you could connect a serial port from the Meridian to the Unix box. Then telnet/ssh to the Unix box and run cu or other terminal program from there. Works fine for me.

Cheers,

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back