Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing foxpro 2.6 tables thru VB6 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

monchet

Programmer
Jan 13, 2000
PH
I have programs and tables made in foxpro 2.6 and I need to access those tables thru vb6. I there a direct way or do i have to convert them to MSaccess. If I do  have to. Can anyone tell me how.

There are a few ways open to you<br><br>1. Set up an ODBC Datasource pointing at the fox pro tables then access the tables using your choice of database access methodology i.e either ADO, DAO or RDO <br><br>2. Use the foxpro OLEDB provider and access the tables directly through ADO <br><br>I would recommend using the second method <br><br>If your want samples of either of these then I'll be happy to mail you some<br><br><br>hope this helps <br><br>

Thanks Vince. I would appreciate it very much If you'll send me samples of the two methods you just mentioned. you can send it to this address <A HREF="mailto:monchet@auf.edu.ph">monchet@auf.edu.ph</A><br>Thanks again.

I am using ADO to access FPW2.6 DBFs (30,000 records) it is taking up to 5 minutes to 'open' them. Is this this 'normal', if not any suggestions how to make it quicker???

Cheers
[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back