Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing document's bgcolor via code....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackCoffee

Programmer
Nov 12, 2003
PH
hi guys,

wondering if we can access the bgcolor property of the flash' document via code, and thus dynamically manipulate it...is this possible..if so how?

are you talking about the color of the stage? Like the background of the movie as a whole? If so, I don't know of a way to do it, but you could achieve the same result by adding a layer under everything else. Put a white rectangle bigger than the stage on it. Make that rectangle a symbol (movie clip). Then you can use actionscript to change the color of the movie clip. Maybe not the most elegant way to change background color, but kite string and duct tape works too!

Hope that helps.

tnx Clane,

yeah, I was also thinking about that trick, but more than just changing the background color, I kinda really need to access the current background color(bgcolor) value...

=)

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back