Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Call pilot 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknoll

Technical User
Dec 11, 2008
US
What setting causes or determines how the Call Pilot VM is accessed. On one Nortel system when I dial feature 981 I am prompted for a mailbox number then passcode. On another system same model when I dial feature 981 I am sent directly to the VM box assigned to the extension I am using to access it with, and I am prompted for just the passcode. I need to have the users prompted for the mail box number first.

On the call pilot you can have 2 types of interfaces. One is the Norstar IF that is the F981 then password and the other is the Callpilot (PBX) IF that is MB and password.
They both have different codes for their features. The IF can be changed in the properties of the Call Pilot programming.

Thank you very much. That does make total sense. Now for the million dollar question, can I change the interface once the Call Pilot system has been configured?

If I can't, then I need to have away for someone to access their voice mail box from a phone that is not theirs.
How do they do that?

According to the documentation I have, they are supposed to have an "other" option after they enter F981, but it is not there.

Yes, you can change it in COS, and globally, after configuration.

"Adversity is Opportunity

All I have to program the system is a 2 line phone set. Can I get to the COS like this? If so, how? I have looked through all the menus and can not seem to find it.

I believe you can, but I wouldn't know the procedure. It's not difficult to connect with a PC.

"Adversity is Opportunity

Under f983, I beleive it's under 44 options- interface type.

Even using the NVM format, you can have them press * (or othr, if using a 2 line display) to log in from a different set. Users logging in from their own set will only have to enter their password. It's a matter of convenience.

Thank you everyone!
RikRogers, I typed a 22 when I was logged into the Admin functions and that is were I found the setting.
I tried several number combinations and found all kinds of stuff. Funny how I did not see any of this in the manuals.

Anyway, Again Thank you all for your help!!

Doh.

Glad you found it. I have a hard time remembering their locations in telset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back