Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Btrieve 7's microKernel Database Engine. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bondini

Technical User
Dec 6, 2000
GB
I am still having error 162 problems with Arcserve6 and Btrieve. Btrieve 7 is a total GUI environment and I am at a loss as how to navigate to the Microkernel database engine system resource setting. I am trying to increase the Active Client resource setting.can anyone help ?

I find the Pervasive GUI is a bit of a nightmare as it's so different to the previous versions. Try editing the BTI.INI directly and this should help.

Hanlewithcare:Appreciate your input very much ! I managed eventually to edit the BTI.CFG file but am now getting Btrieve error 214?! Any ideas at all!? Thanks for your time.

According to the Pervasive spec, Error 214 occurs when a user has Alter rights to a table and has rights to every column in the table. I'm not 100% sure what this means, but you could try revoking access to the table before making changes to it, and then regranting access afterwards.

If you not making table changes, then the above does not apply, in which case let me know what you're doing and I'll see if I can help.

Handlewithcare,appreciate you helping.I am simply trying to perform a restore from Arcserve6.As you drill down through the directories you will eventually be confronted by Btrieve error 162 and obviously not be capable of going any further.I'm not sure if the data on the tape is retrievable or not but I would like to take this as far as is possible.
Your opinion would be valued as I would like to let the user know if this problem can be resolved.
Again , thanks in advance for your help.

I did a bit of checking, assuming that the error is not being caused by data corruption, increasing the Active Clients settings should solve this problem. I used the following setup to do this in Pervasive 7.

1. Click Start, Programs, then Pervasive SQL 7.
2. Select Configuration (Setup) from the list of programs.
3. If you are running from a client, click Connect and type the name of the server.
4. Select MicroKernel Database Engine from the list of components.
5. Select System Resources/Directories from the list of categories for the MicroKernel Database Engine.
6. Select the Active Clients setting.
7. Increase this value. I found that it always needs to be higher than you think. Setting it too high may reduce server performance.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back