Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Audix from outside of office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricancanes

Technical User
Sep 15, 2002
US
On my location in Puerto Rico, when users try to access their voicemail from outside the office, they are being redirected to the attendant. There is no DID set up. Audix at that location is accessed by calling the main number and entering the hunt group extension. What do I need to check?

You need either a did to the hunt group ext. or
another way for them to get to it, either the attendant
transfers them to it or an auto attendant that has a did into it.

You didn't give sufficient details to analyze your problem...

I'm understanding that you already have an auto attendant?

And that when you call in it gives you the option of dialing any extension number?

And that when you dial the audix lead number, it sends you back to the receptionist (live attendant)?

Did it ever work before, or is this new?

Audix will not accept any number that is not in it's database as a mailbox...

Another way to access your voice mail if you are able to dial your own extension is to dial your own extension then when Audix answers you with your greeting press *7 and it will give you a log-in "Welcome to Audix...Please enter your extension and pound" etc.

Another better way than dialing the main lead number for the Audix hunt, is to set up an extension for logging in different than the lead number for your Audix hunt group......you must administer it in the switch as an x ported extension with a coverage path to Audix on only 1 ring.

Then in the attendant auto routing form of the Audix, enter the extension number and designate as log-in,

Good luck,

Bajashark

If this is a helpful post mark it as such...

Thanks for all of your responses....I got it working now. The problem was that I changed the extension number of the audix hunt group and I failed to add the subscriber to Audix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back