Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing a metaframe session through a router

Status
Not open for further replies.

yannduran

Programmer
Jul 25, 2001
AU
I used to be able to access a metaframe session remotely through my cable modem setup (using Win2K). I recently installed a Linksys BEFSR41 router to share the cable modem connection with more than one machine. I can no longer access the citrix server as I used to. What do I need to do to be able to do this like I could before, but using the router?

Open port 1494 on the router. inbound and outbound. Dave Namou, MCSE CCEA

And don't forget UDP 1604 if you are connecting over straight TCP/IP and running published apps. (JJ)Jawa Jones

Thanks guys - I'm new to using a router, so I'm not sure if I know how to open a port, but I'll give it a try.
Will doing this compromise the NAT firewall capabilities at all?
Thanks again for your help.

NAT is not really a great "firewall", if someone really wants to get in they can do and IP Spoof and get behind your NAT. But on your router you would need to open port 1494 and 1604 for Citrix communications. On the Linksys router, connect to you router and pull up its web interface, in there you will see Advanced settings, look for the tab for security and you should be able to change your port settings in there.

TB :)

Thanks TB - I found how to do it. It works for my metaframe sessions.
Now I've just got to find out what port(s) to open to allow me access to our corporate VPN. The VPN client connects & authenticates me, but I don't get through with things like Notes email etc. *sigh*
Thanks again for the help though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back