Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing a Local Cube - Basic Question on v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

subnoize

Technical User
May 13, 2006
US
I just had Cognos PowerPlay 7 v3 installed on my machine at work. I am having issues opening a local cube.

The version installed as supposed to be User Edition (not Tranformer).

When I click File-->Open the screen that comes up is titled "Choose a Report". In the file type drop-down, it does not give me the .mdc option to change it to "Choose a Cube".

Also, when I click File-->New it takes me to a screen titled "Choose a Remote Cube". There is no choice on that screen for Local or anything like that.

So two issues here... can't open local cubes... and can't even get the .mdc file extension to appear on the open tab.

Please help! Thank you to everyone!

Details:
Cognos PowerPlay User Edition
Version 7.3.665.0

Go into Configuration Manager, select PowerPlay and then apply settings (no need to change any settings). Then try opening an .mdc again.

To open a cube choose File --> New. When you are doing File --> Open it's trying to open an existing saved report.

Thanks all, it worked. It was the Configuration Manager issue. When I was doing File-->New it was only brining up the "Open Remote Cube" window, and not allowing me to select "Local" cubes. So running the Configuration Manager helped. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back