Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCESS_VIOLATION memory referenced could not be read??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wearelegion83

Technical User
Oct 12, 2002
US
thats the error im getting right now and the address is the game i play when it happens, warcraft 3. my computer freezes after i do something that involves good amount of use from my vid card. i have a 1.5 amd, gigabyte motherboard, 512 ddr ram and a ti400 geforce 4 vid card. i have all the drivers installed(they are also compatible) my video card has a good fan and is not overheating i reinstalled the game also. im usuallyt good at solving my problems but this ones got me stumped. could my memory be overheating due to graphic intense apps?

try reinstalling the game, drivers whatever might be the problem .might be overheating or it might be bad memory.

the os is windows xp and the vid card is a 4600 not 400. i htink i found out what the problem is. i got my programs to work now after i removed a ram card. why would this cause those problems though?

'Cause video is CPU intensive...and the bad ram didn't cause you to crash...but kept some things from working.

i dont think my ram card is bad maybe its my ram slots. is that possible? one is working and i have no problems on it but when i put the other one in the screen doesnt turn on and i hear 2 beeps then a crapload then 2 more. anyone know what this means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back