Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Write Conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljallem

Programmer
Jul 23, 2003
US
I have an Access 2000 front-end with a SQL Server 2000 back-end. My tables are linked using ODBC.

On one of my forms, I give users the option to delete a record. The user selects from a list box. The list box has an After_Update event that does the following
Me.lstAkHandle.Requery
Me.Form.Requery
Me.Form.Refresh
Me.RecordsetClone.FindFirst "[AKNO] = '" & Me![lstAkHandle] & "'"
Me.Bookmark = Me.RecordsetClone.Bookmark

After the record is deleted, a dialog box pops up saying
Write Conflict: This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other user made. Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered, and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make changes. (3 buttons: Save Record(grayed out), Copy to Clipboard, Drop changes)

I am the only user in the database so I know no one else has made any other changes.

I have found other articles that have suggested setting defaults for my bit type fields - I have done this (defaulted them all to 0) and I am still getting this error.

Any help would be appreciated! I have been fighting this for days (-:

I'm not sure if I'm correct on this or not... I've been programming for years, and within the last 9 months I've been working with databases (first time ever). I think that when the record is found, focus is shifted to one of the fields. Meanwhile, the programming selects the record and attempts to delete it. Try setting the focus to something other than one of the fields... ie. a button or a picture. I do know that everytime I've used the Find functions, focus has automatically been set to the First Field in the Tab order rather than back on the Combobox that invoked the find. The program thinks that because the focus is on a field, that field is being changed.

If I'm wrong, I apologize, and somebody please correct me.

pervinpj -

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried putting the focus to the button that the user clicks and it didn't help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back