Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access violation in netsc_us.exe when loading webpage

Status
Not open for further replies.

anabavi

MIS
Oct 27, 1999
US
Hi all!

I installed Windows 2000 Professional and had problems with other programs but never Netscape. I installed SP1, reluctantly upgraded to IE 5.5, everything was still fine with Netscape. Out of nowhere I was getting access violations in netsc_us.exe when loading It would throttle while unsuccessfully loading the banner at the top of the page and then crash, only showing me the date and time graphic at the top left of the page and two placeholders for the other two graphics in the banner. It looks like it may only be with this website but I'm pretty sure it did it before on another site. If it is related to any other installations I can't remember what I installed around the same time. Also, I started getting the same problem with IE but not nearly as frequently. The error was an access violate with iexplorer.exe.

By the way, I've seen hardly any information on Usenet or the Web regarding netsc_us.exe. Does anyone even know what it is?

Thanks for your time!

This situation also manifested itself for me. The reason behind the problem appeared to be corruption/instability caused by installing software while McAfee Viruscan was running and installed.

Removing McAfee and reinstalling Netscape and then reinstalling McAfee removed the crashing.

Also the netsc_us.exe file is referenced in the Registry in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\{C4EE31F3 .....\FileNamedMRU key.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back