Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access users home folder from internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bickyatbickyz

Technical User
Nov 9, 2007
GB
Hi, is it possible to make users home folder available from internet.

I want all the users to be able to access their home folders from their home via internet.

What do i need to do?

My Network:
Windows 2003 DC
Windows 2003 ISA
XP Clients
All domain users has Z: as their home folder which is a share on the server's f: drive.

Well how many users do you have to do this with? If you don't have a lot you could just setup an FTP server with IIS and give access to each user to their home directories. Providing you have an External IP address mapped somehow to your fileserver.

This third party package I have been an end-user of (never been responsible for setting it up) -- from my perspective as an end user, it was great:
I think Exchange 2007 has some stuff to do this natively if you have it available.

Mark / TNG

well i have about 220 users.

Is there any guide somewhere in website which i can refer regarding this homefolder access via net.

will be grateful?

Currently i do have a intranet site mapped via public ip to access from internet.

Have you considered setting up a VPN server using Windows RRAS or a 3rd party VPN device. This is a standard setup for users who access their work servers from the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back