Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access TransferSpreadsheet Delete Cells Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2007
US
I have one user who has spontaneously begun getting the error "Cannot delete spreadsheet cells" in Access 2002. (The error is an Access error and not an Excel error.) I cannot re-create this error on any other machine. Of course, the user can't remember anything unusual occurring on his machine prior to this error showing up.

The debugger shows that the error is occurring at the following line of code
Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "tblTempPolyBillingCust", "MonthEndBillingFromSAPA"

I can't understand why this line of code would attempt to delete anything. When I do the same exact thing on my machine, not only is it successful, but it does not delete anything from tblTempPolyBillingCust. I've found occasional mentions of this problem online, but no solutions. Does anyone know what is happening here? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is it possible that the Excel file exists and has been protected or altered?

Unfortunately,no. My user with the problem definitely does not have the Excel file anywhere on his machine. Of the other two machines I tested (succesfully) one did and one did not have the Excel file in question.

I am embarassed to say that I've been searching for the wrong file name. When I searched for the correct file name, I found that, in fact, it DID exist on the user's machine. Renaming it fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help and your excellent perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back