Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to transaction statistics/list

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckcs

Technical User
Mar 8, 2000
GB
Does anyone know if there is a way of letting a user view the transaction list and statistics for a remote server in MMC without granting them local admin rights on the server? Chris Buckley

Thanks Tom.

Unless I'm missing something here, I don't think the information is available in the MTS 2.0 Admin Type Library.
Even when iterating through the package and component collections the information from the component status view in MMC (number of objects, activated and in-call) isn't available.

I'm talking here about the transaction statistics and transaction list views which supply information from MSDTC.
Even if a user has been added to the Administrator role on the System package, they are still unable to access these views for a remote machine unless they have been added to that machine's local Administrator group.

We have a need to let support staff look for transactions that might be 'In Doubt' or stuck in the 'Preparing' phase without giving them complete administrative rights to the production servers. Chris Buckley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back