Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to secondary SLUs from MyMicros

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefEncore

Technical User
Nov 18, 2015
US
I've been running into an issue of not being able to access any SLU besides the primary from MyMicros. It seems when Micros installed the system in my restaurant, a lot of menu items were pre-programmed with the second SLU, for no apparent reason. Whenever I try to remove old menu items, I can't because I can only modify the first SLU. This is also a problem when creating new modifiers, which use up to 4 different SLUs. Any tips?

First just clarify what you mean. "MyMicros" is a reporting website, but from your description i assume you mean from your Micros configuration tool.

Ill assume you are using RES.
1. What happens when you try and remove an old menu item?
2. Whats preventing you from modifying other SLU's?

Do you want some custom SIM scripts developed. Contact me via my website

Are you using EMS in MyMICROS to manage your menu items? In my experience I have found that EMS is not the best tool to manage menu items. I am not sure if they have fixed it but I know that if your menu items don't have a SLU assigned to them EMS will automatically assign a SLU to them if you make any change to the item, this includes condiments.

I am using Enterprise Maintenance Systems (EMS) run through MyMicros to manage multiple locations simultaneously, remotely. It no longer automatically assigns SLUs. It only allows me to access and edit the first SLU. For some reason, the menu items I am trying to edit (wines, by the glass and bottle) have been enabled using the second SLU slot.

As I mentioned earlier, this is especially frustrating for food modifiers, some of which can have 4 SLUs active at once.

Is there another way to modify menu items remotely for Micros?

How many locations do you have? I use Enterprise Management for all of my locations.

We currently have 2 locations, and will be adding at least 1 more.

Gotcha. You're best bet will be to probably find a remote support tool that is PCI Compliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back