Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to Reporting Services Metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlaBusInt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2007
US
I'm trying to access and store metadata for our new Reporting Services installation, and I had a couple of questinos:

1. Is there any place in the report design to store information about the report that might then be queried. I can see where I can enter an Author and Description, but I'd like to add a couple of additional fields as well, such as the report requester/owner. Has anyone else tried that?

2. I would like to write a query (as part of a report) that will show me my Report Manager folder structure, and what groups have permissions to each folder. I haven't been able to figure out where that is located in the Reporting Services database. Can anyone help?

TIA

- Steve

Hi,

Have you looked at the tables within the ReportServer database within the SQL Server Management Studio?

Yes, and I do use those to look at report usage and other metrics. However, I don't see anywhere that I can load and pull free-form data that we would enter for additional info on individual reports, like recording the user(s) who can authorize changes to the report.

I guess what I'm looking for is the equivalent to extended properties on SQL tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back