Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to Oracle to Activsync problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gushy

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
I converted an access table to oracle. Now when I try to sync it up with activesyncs odbc drivers i get the
ora-00942 error. The schema is correct, the table exists and is spelled correctly and I have the rights I need. What am I missing here? Anythoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tony

Does the table name have mixed-case or any special characters?
Many conversions fail to change the table name to one that meets Oracle specs and therefore are very hard to access without special handling which many 3rd party apps do not provide.

[profile]

All the fields are appropriately labeled for use in oracle (no strange charachters, spaces, etc) All fields are in caps as well. Any other suggestions??
Thanks
Tony

Hi,
If the table names are all caps and you have all the needed
permissions and the ODBC stuff is connecting as you, then I am out of ideas, mostly.

Can you connect thru SqlPlus to that table?

I am not familar with activesyncs so any problems caused by how it interacts with Oracle are beyond my ken. ( and my Barbie as well [smile])

[profile]

I just found out that my I.S. Dept doesn't use oracle migration workbench. They use some other program whose name escapes me at this time, to convert from access to oracle. Do you think this could be the problem?
Thanks
Tony

The name of the conversion tool is datajunction conversion software.

That is the same tool we use so it is probably not the issue.

What does 'sync it up' mean?
Are you using Access as the front end, or is it something else?

[profile]

We are using access as a front end to oracle on the desktop pc's however, on pocket pc it converts any odbc file to an .cdb (compact data base) What I mean by sync it up is that I should be able to make changes on the pocket pc, cradle it, and it writes those changes to the oracle or access etc. etc.
Right now I can't even get the damn oracle table to load onto the pocket pc.
Thanks,
Tony

We are using access as a front end to oracle on the desktop pc's however, on pocket pc it converts any odbc file to a *.cdb (compact data base) What I mean by sync it up is that I should be able to make changes on the pocket pc, cradle it, and it writes those changes to the oracle or access table etc. etc. I have a pocket access viewer loaded onto the pocket pc, its called abcDB. I'm starting to think that the problem is with the activesync software as I'm running out of ideas/solutions to anything that i have done wrong. I can't even get the oracle table loaded onto the pocket pc, I have done it with access tables.
Thanks,
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back