Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access to MVS SAS library

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfgg

Programmer
Jan 9, 2003
ES
I have the licence of SAS MVS finished but I´m working with SAS in PC yet.
My question is: Can I transfer the SAS library from MVS to PC and use the library with SAS PC?

Thank you

I had similar situation (leaving an MVS/TSO job and going to a PC SAS job) about 2 years ago.

Just cut and paste the code into txt files (or .sas files) and you should be good to go.

This is just for the programs... data is another situation.

You can ftp your source code (flat file) to your pc.
If sas datasets created with SASv8.2 or up, you may ftp them too. otherwise, you need SAS/Connect to download your sas datasets with PROC DOWNLOAD.

Yes, but the problem is: The MVS licence (SAS 6.11) is expired and I´ve only SAS PC. It´s impossible to use SAS/Connect.

The only way is use a File-Transfer program and convert the file downloaded, but how do I the conversion?

Are you trying to convert data or programs???

Programs are not too tough - simply open them up from your library (Librarian? TSO JCL?) and cut and paste them into something on your box.

If data - you should be able to FTP them around and get them to your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back