Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access throwing up an invisible form reference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adame

Programmer
Nov 20, 2000
GB
I have a form that is throwing up an input box.
You select a value from a combo box then it appears.
Forms!Systems!SystemID
The form is a copy of a form which did used to relate to the Systems form. Though this forms doesn't have any relation to it. I have copied and pasted the form into another dummy db, and did a search, which couldn't find a systems reference anywhere. I've been through all the events, and can't seem to locate anything.

Does anybody have any ideas where this ghost reference could be?

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Adam,

just a thought, have a look in the data source for the form or combo box to see if there is still a reference to ...SystemID

HTH

Robert Dwyer
rdwyer@orion-online.com.au

There is one reference within the form source to SystemID, but that is from a table direct, and not a form.

The values for the combo box, come from a values list. On testing, the input box comes up, when you enter data into one of the fields and move into the next text box.

This has got me stumped, as there is no afterupdate event happening!!!!

Adam

Just found the cause!!!

There was a disabled combo box on the form that the record source came from a query. Which had the reference in. Why this only happened after an update, I don't know!

Cheers for the help.

Adam

Hi Adam,

do you mean that the data source for the form has a reference for SystemID in the data source??
ie if you goto the datasource and look at the query grid there is a reference to the other table, if so you will need to remove it access would be looking for the table to return data from it.

the other thing to look for is lookups for this field in the table itself ie if the table has a look up for a field form the table that no longer exists in the current db.

HTH

Robert Dwyer
rdwyer@orion-online.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back