Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access SQL :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.

HodIsGod

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
GB
I have a simple problem thats causing me grief :eek:(

basically i have 4 tables, Patient, Loan, Equipment and Repair..... i need a query that will pick out only equipment that is not on loan or being repaired... i think im ok with the relationships and attributes i have primary and foreign keys etc.... i have loan date and return date....and repair date and return from repair date..... but i cant get the query to work.... the main problem is picking out equipment that has never been on loan or repaired? any help will be gratefully recieved :eek:)

Hod

Paste your query and it'll be fixed in a jiffy, it sounds like you are checking against a return date or return from repair date in your where clause problem is these will all be blank if the equipment has never been on loan or has been repaired. If you set all the blank date fields to 1900-01-01 you'll probably find it works

otherwise paste your query and we'll take a look

hope this helps

oldgoat

PS: to paste the SQL of an access query click SQL view under the view options, this is often more useful than the query designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back