Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access slow to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

theConjurian

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2002
CA
Some time after upgrading to a new (and very fast i9) computer running Windows 10 and Office 365, my Access applications are VERY slow to start. It takes around 20 seconds to start the application directly BUT Access itself will start immediately. Opening any of the applications from there is also immediate.

The only other configuration information I can provide is that Access resides on the C:\ drive which is a SSD while the application itself is on the D:\ drive, a standard hard drive.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Once open, the applications do seem to run as before.

Office 365 / Access 19 from what I can tell is just horrible. I have to use it.

I have not experienced this issue. My hunch is that some security product is scanning the database file... maybe even access itself. I use trusted locations to keep 'macro / vba / module' warnings at bay and while I suspect is not the issue is the only thing that comes to mind short of disabling security products and seeing if it works better.

A thought, make a simple database that only uses macros and not vba to do anything. If that opens fast, see if you can launch other databases with a macro... I'd have to google it as usually I just use RunCode in my autoexec... But you could use a macro and button click to start a database, a sort of launcher, OR just make a database that launches another with autoexec... Stupid but I can see it as maybe working.

Otherwise tinker and raise it up to whoever does your organizations licensing.

Thank you for pointing out the trusted locations setting. After upgrading the computer, this application worked just fine so "something" created the trusted location issue, like an update causing the setting to change.

Seems to be OK now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back