Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access sends email - Outlook waits for a YES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cascais

Technical User
Oct 28, 2004
PT
Hello,

Could someone help me please?
By creating a Macro or by VBA code, when I configures Ms Access to send an email, a msg box of Ms Outlook appears and request for a YES.

The message is:

A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf.
Do you want to allow this ?
If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose NO.

Thanks in advance,

Zef

As Tom mentioned above, ClickYes program should work. I use it, the free version will work just fine for most things.

I use the paid version, my computer that is doing the automated emailing is logged on as an administrator, so I keep it in "lock workstation mode", only the paid version works with the computer locked down.

On my Automated mailing... one issue you may want to be aware of, if doing multiple emails at once, you may need to build in a pause (search for DelayTimer in this forum) to slow things down a bit so the ClickYes program has time to react.

Hope this helps.
John

Do a google search for outlook object model guard

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Just for fun, take a look at
Has really neat simple code for e-mailing with out using outlook or other installed software. Have to hard code user names and passwords, but still, very neat and solved problems for me.

Written in script, but ports to vba nicely.

ChaZ

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That Don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back