Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKH2001

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
GB
Am looking for a guid to using Access security.

I have a database that I am to share on the network and want to secure it based on personal logons.

I want to be able to assign individual rights to each user and also a way of tracking what changes etc have been made who has run what etc?

Anyone know of any guides to this? couldnt find anything related when searching the forums.

LIDIAS13

You could start from the microsoft site or elsewhere but keep in mind to create groups and assign rights to groups and add users to groups. Do avoid assigning rights directly to users even if it takes you to create an one-user group!
About tracking on changes or actions taken (viewing also?) by users, there is nothing easy or build-in you could use. It is gonna be your effort (consider help from tek-tipers as granted) to create tables for keeping transaction records....

(BTW is Lidias a panatha?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back