Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Screen is Hidden. Works Great! But can't see Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiringSoon

Technical User
Dec 13, 2011
US
I am trying to finish off a project before retirement, but it may not happen. I have setup an application using MS Access 2007 so that there is no Access Screen behind the forms. I used the code from the Microsoft Access Forms Forum (Thread 702-487032), and it works GREAT - on forms.

The problem is that there are numerous reports that my users want to review/print and I can't find a way for the reports to show up. It is like nothing was submitted, and the form that requested the report is now locked up so the application has to be blown away.

Anyone have any ideas? Or better yet, a solution?

Thank you.

Can't see link with space....

Thread702-487032

Why it is you want to hide the access screen? It may provide insight to an alternative.

Ok having a peek at the code it looks like it decalres an api call for a function apiShowWindow.... I think you are going to have to pass it the maximize constant just before or just after you open a report and then hide it again when he report closes (Report Close event).

Do you see what I mean?

Iameid,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried that and it doesn't work. That is one of the reasons I am stumped.

Again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back