Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandem8

MIS
Sep 9, 2002
US
I have two Citrix users that cannot print crystal reports. They are using Solomon 4 as a published application.

When they attempt to print/preview the report, they receive a "SQL Server cannot be found" error.

I can view these reports fine when I log into Citrix. If I add these two users to the "Domain Admins" group, they can see the reports with no errors. I ran FileMon, and could not discern any major instance for access rights, but I know that's what is happening.

Do all users have to be Domain Admins for functionality? I hope not....

Thanks.

Check the database and the ODBC driver on the servers both TS and SQL. What SQL authentication are you using? If you are using NT authentication to access the DB, I would recommend trying the SQL authentication and using a centralized user account and password to access the database. I had a simular problem with another application and making that correction solved the problem.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back