Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

root911

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
The TARG/TGAR barring is setup on my switch and works for 2 of the companies sharing the switch (tgar 1 = route 6: tgar 3 = route 1), but I'm having trouble with tgar 2 = route 3. I can get my phone to change between the 2 routes with the TGAR value and check it with call accounting software, but when I use tgar 2 I get a busy signal.
I have followed the info in the feature manual but have had no success making a new TGAR/TARG group route to the correct trunk group. Is there anything in ld88 or ld19 that will affect this situation?
Is there anything else on the phone that has to be changed other than TGAR? Does XLST affect it?
Any help will be appreciated.

LD 16 TARG and LD 11/10 TGAR work together when TGAR=yes in ESN block. If the numbers match call is barred if no match call may be barred for another reason like NCOS or CLS FRE - etc.
XLST only maters for the first digit dialed. If you can dial a number with one tgar and not another, XLST is not the problem.

Check your RLB for the number dialed - It should include route 3 and route 3 should not have TARG 2 defined. The FRL must allow your NCOS

I tried route 3 not having tgar 2 also other values. where do I set the FRL to allow NCOS?

The NCOS to FRL mapping is done in LD 87 - NCTL

The FRL restrictions are assigned in the RLI in LD 86

Thank you for replying to this thread.
When I printed the RLB I did not see route 2 listed on any entries. I see the 2 routes (6 and 9)that work on many different entries, but not sure what it all means. I'm guessing that the addition of route 3 is not a change but a NEW? What other info will I need to know when I add it? Is there a reference to this in any documentation other than the I/O guide?

Print all the RLB and then in LD 86 do a chg to each RLI by adding an ENT to each one that uses route 6 & 9 so this way you will have all three routes in each RLB.

That all worked fine. Outgoing calls are on route 3 when tgar = 2.

Thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back