Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access restriction 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

w810i

Technical User
Jun 15, 2006
PH
How to restrict a local extension from gaining access codes.

What do you mean by access codes? What are you trying to achieve?

ok. we have several access codes for example 02 for outside call and 09 for cellphone call. How can I restrict a local extension from accessing 02 or 09.

i've tried 1201>xxxx -88 but i can still access 02 from the extension. Is there any way to reprogram 88 to restrict all outgoing calls and only local to local calls can be made.

Make different numbering plans for different tenant groups. Instead of using 1201 you will then be able to use 1204 and assign the "features" to different tenants. i.e. tenant 01 can do all calls, tenant 02 can only dial outside, tenant 03 can only dial cellphones, etc.

You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us.

Jhenke beat me to it. But you can customise your classes of restriction so that 1201 works. You need to look at command 81XX and your LCR in command 8A but that is a minefield. Briefly you have to find out where your line access code (02) is being sent to (A126-129) in command 200 and that will lead us further (it may go elsewhere but we will cross that bridge if we come to it). I will let you get back to us on that before trying to take you further.

Hi all,

Need some help here, since all license for our softphone(SP20) has been accidentally erased, I had to install the key keeper again but the problem is when I'm registering it to NEC via modem it fails the error is: "code is rejected by the device". I already have the license installed in F80, but in F88 the SP20 is still 000(none). Is there a possible way to register the license without going through the NEC? you now what i mean... bypass?

your help is highly appreciated,

Thank u,
randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back