Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ctrain

Technical User
Jul 7, 2004
US
I am an Approach user trying very hard to convert to Access. I have my database set up, it is to record orders of supplies, I have the customers, the products and all other tables made, but I have not entered any orders yet. How can I create queries and know if they work without entering data in first? I do not want to start using the database until I know it works correctly. Does anyone have any help for me, ideas, anything?

Thanks

Ctrain
How about making a copy of your database and then using that copy to experiment?

You could enter in some bogus information and use that to test with your queries. Then when you are satisfied with the results, import the queries you have already made into your working database.

Without data, there is nothing for your queries to query.

Tom

In the database window, choose queries and the new button. Choose a table to work with from the dialog. From the table showing, you can just double click the fields you want and they will show up in the fields pane.

To preview the query, choose datasheet view from the toolbar. It will not change the database. To execute the query, click the Exclamation point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back