Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Reports To Adobe PDF Via VBA code? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFloyd

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
This has had me puzzling around in circles for some time...
How to have a command button on an MS Access form that will Open an MS Access report and "print" it via Adobe PDF Writer without any additional user intervention.

Ideally I would like to be able to specify via my command button code both the directory path and the filename that the PDF file should be saved as, but I am resigned to just getting it to print the file using the report caption (which I have been able to change to the correct filename via the code) then adding additional FileSystemObject code to move the PDF to the correct directory.

In other words my main problem is this: Clicking the "Save" button in the PDF Writer Dialog box that shows up. In another thread (thread705-54219) A user was able to use "SendKeys" with Chr(10) to "click" the Save button (and also to send the filename) but I have not been able to get Sendkeys to send anything to the dialog box.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue?

Thanks,

Heather

btalon,

This post if for Excel VBA but I think it could be useful for Access as well:

thread223-416162

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back