Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Reports: How do I Force a New (ODD) Page when Duplex Printing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellecole

Programmer
Feb 12, 2004
US
The Force New Page property for my header is working correctly when printing one sided, but how can I tell Access 2000 to Force a New Page AND begin printing on an "Odd" page number so that when the user DUPLEX prints, the new section does not start on the back side of the previous section (even number page) but rather on it's own first page (an Odd number Page)? Thank you!

Try this approach. I Hav'nt actually tried this, but here are the principles as I see them:

(a) Add a PageBreak control to the footer section of your GroupBy field.

(b) In the OnFormat event of this section, test the Page value (available in code of a report), and depending on whether its odd or even, make the visible property of the PageBreak control true or false; eg.

if Page Mod 2 = 0 then
pbYourPageBreak.visible = false
else
pbYourPageBreak.visible = true
endif

You may have to play around with this a little (eg. by putting the control in the PageFooter section instead). Let us know how you go.

Steve Lewy
Solutions Developer
steve@lewycomputing.com.au
(dont cut corners or you'll go round in circles)

I added both the PageBreak control and the If statement to the Footer of the Group and it worked beautifully! Thank you!

This was very helpful. In my case I had to put the code in the Report Footer section. The problem is frustrating because the report printed correctly from some Windows 2000 machines (not all), but not from Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back