Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Report Export to Snapshot Disappears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick1

Technical User
Oct 3, 2001
US
Greetings,
I keep trying to export a report that includes linked photos to a snapshot file (.snp) but the file never appears. Access acts like it is doing the export but the output file is nowhere to be found. I have even done a search for any .snp files. Any ideas? Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

Hi,

I have the same problem , I figured that if I keep the image file size less than 5K it will export fine. anything larger will not email ( or export ).

any idea why it's doing that?

:)
-Nuclear

My problem is that the output files will never be that small. It seems that this needs to be a priority for Microsoft if interoperability of data is really their claim to fame. Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

What format are your photos saved in? I have had trouble with this for a long time and the only way I've found around this is to use .bmp files only. HTH
Stacey

Greetings,
I have been using .jpg's that are about 300K each. Each report has 2 of these .jpg's. I just converted them to .bmp's that are about 4.5M each and tried to run things again. The exact same issues resulted, with another problem as well. The .bmps look weird in ACCESS for the Report. The colors are all distorted. I used Adobe Photoshop to do the conversions, and the .bmp's look OK in other graphics programs, or when imported directly to Word.
The problems are the same -
The .rtf has no graphics.
The .snp file never appears.

Thanks for the response.
Patrick Thanks,
Patrick
phmurphy@aol.com

I have hit a similar problem where it will produce a snapshot from some reports and not from others within the same database. The ones it will not produce from are bigger than the others. Have microsoft not done a fix for this yet. Never smile at work, they may think you're enjoying yourself too much and cut your pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back