Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access report as pdf, xls, doc or whatever!!plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingz2000

Programmer
May 28, 2002
DE
Hi Guys,

Is there any way of converting Access reports in such a way as that can be posted and not printed directly?
As a pdf , doc, xls or whatever dataformat...so that I can email it around...?
please help.
Thanks.

Yes, but you don't specify how you're intending to do so.

Here's one thread demonstrating usage of one of the formats you haven't mentioned, the snapshot format thread705-848204, with the sendobject method. Else look into the other formats of the sendobject method (F1), where most of the formats you're after is available. Though, every format has it's limitation. Using snapshopt, you'll get an excact copy, but no editing. Using the other formats, you'll get various degrees of visual similarity between the report and the outcome, but the possibility to edit.

One challenge with this, is that other methods than the .openreport method of the docmd object, does not allow for filtering, so you will need to for instance enter such filter in the underlying query, or assign it in the reports on open event.

Roy-Vidar

HI,

well at the moment I simply have a DoCmd.OpenReport "Op_Report_2", acPreview, , "Datum =#" & Format(Form_frmMaske.txtDatum, "yyyy-mm-dd") & "#"

in my button_click procedure.
After it carries out this or befor I would like some code to convert it into a format which I can transport.
So, it seems like Docmd.sendreport is the comand I need to investigate into. I'd prefer to export it as an excel format, for example, rather than a snapshot in order for the reader to be able to capture the values on the report.
Ho do I do that?
Thanks

hey, i had the same problem recently when trying to sent reports as an email. The solution i came up with was to convert them to pdf, but this costs money as a pdf creator program is required. The advantages of this method are that it is very simple to create pdf, just click print, choose the pdf printer, select the pages required and then thats more or less it!
Had a look at the snapshot viewer program which is included in the access program but came to the conclusion that nobody has the program and that around 99% of people have a pdf reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back