Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Replication Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperWire

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
US
I'm trying to make a design master of a database so that I can update the database on a citrix server and replicate the changes to another server.

When I replicate the database my autonumber field value changes from Increment to Random. Also, I have a Date Ran field that enters the current date when I bring data into the table. I append new data each time and keep the old data for history. When I run the code to import the data all of my date ran records change to the current date, thus eliminating my history.

Any ideas what to do about these two situations or any good posts or sites regarding replicating databases would be of great help. Thank you!

The change to random is deliberate. It is an attempt to stop disconnected DB's from using the same autonumber values.

What code are you using to insert the new data?

James Goodman MCSE, MCDBA

I tried this again and the date ran field didn't change, so I'm not sure why it happend the first time. I will keep changing and syncronizing and see if it happens again.

I am brining in a text file and using a recordset to manipulate the records. The code is quite lengthly.

Thank you for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back