Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrizzo

Technical User
Mar 22, 2004
US
I have a report that is running off of a Cross tab Query. Everything is going as it should except for my date range. I am trying to get a message box to appear to enter my date range. This always works with everything else.

Between[Enter Start Date]and[Enter End Date]

But it isnt working on my crosstab query or my report, what can I do to get my report to pull from a date range???????

Are you getting an error message, like "the jet engine does not recognize [enter start date] as a valid field name or expression"?

Crosstab queries behave differently than other query types when it comes to parameters - you have to declare them. In query design mode, right-click in the table area and choose parameters. Enter your input variables (including the brackets) and assign them a data type of Date.

That was the error message that I was getting, I went in to the parameters and did everything, now it is giving me a new error message (Invalid Bracketing of name 'between[Enter Startr Date]and[Enter End DAte]')

hmmm...it looks like you tried to put the whole "between...and..." expression as one parameter.

you need to make your parameters dialog look like this:

Parameter Data Type
[Enter Start Date] Date/Time
[Enter End Date] Date/Time

Starrizzo,

Could you tell me how you output the results of your crosstab query to the report? I'm having trouble to create the report because the Date field is changed every time user enters [Start Date] and [End Date].

Thanks a lot in advance.
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back