Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Query using SQL server data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAdMan

Technical User
Oct 23, 2002
GB
Hello

First let me explain the situation. We have our MIS database running on SQL Server and most users use a bespoke front end. However our MIS manager uses access to produce specific reprot and data analysis.

We keep coming up against a problem in that, once we have collected all the raw data together into a query we then start to create all of the analysis (mostly calculating percentages and running totals). However if a data field from SQL is empty we need access to assume that that field is a Zero. What actually happens is that access stops calculating as soon as it finds an empty field and returns no answer. As you can imagine this is no good if you want a long running total because one piece of missing data stops the whole thing.

If you can understand what i have just written (cos I am not sure if I can!) could anyone suggest a way around this.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back