Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access query output to a Word doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownfrancis

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
GB
In Access 97, I run a macro that outputs a query to a Word document in rtf format. It works fine.

I have converted the file to Access 2000 and the Word document no longer contains variable information put into the query. The query holds the information. I have tried changing it to a Table query. I have even tried manually copying and pasting the text, but it won't output in Word. Any help will be appreciated!

Do you REALLY mean a macro - or do you mean VBA code ?

If it's code then there may well be some updating to do to convert it from DAO to ADO
If you really are still using macros then it would be well worth your own time and effort in getting to grips with VBA and converting the thing. In all probobility you'll find the problem during the conversion process.

On the other hand it it is in VBA that doesn't seem to be relying on DAO the post it here ( I'm assuming it isn't that complex ) and I'll see if anything stands out as obviously at fault.

G LS

Does the "tools">"office links">"publish with microsoft word" menu work when you try it?

FTA of Pipewelder/LittleSmudge
I am using a macro which uses the Output to option. I've even tried starting from scratch and can't get Word to display the fields that don't come from an existing table.
The "tools">"office links">"publish with microsoft word" menu doesn't work, in that I get the same result.
eg. The query asks "What is the venue?" and "What is the course code?". The query outputs various fields taken from a number of tables based on the course code. The venue information is not held anywhere in the database, it is purely used to populate the form in the Word document. This is the only field that doesn't display.
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back