Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access query help

Status
Not open for further replies.

turks393

Technical User
Dec 7, 2006
US
I have a query that isn't grouping my data... I have a bunch of codes that i want to all stay together in the query and add the quantities up. there is also special instructions for maybe one or two of the codes and days that the code needs to be created.
mon = value 1 tue = value 2, etc that way i can sort by day thati need to create the code. but if i need to create code t1234 on mon and wed and thur, i want to do it all on mon. but say one has special instructions. i just want to see all (total quantity 6+6+6= 18 total) on mon with the special instructions next to it.

Not sure what your trying to do, but I would use binary for your days. This way, you an just OR it together to get the days you want.
Sunday = 1000000
Monday = 0100000
etc.
M,T,Th = 0110100

nordycki@hotmail.com

turks393,
Your desciption lacks detail. It would help if you enter a few records and how you would like the results displayed in your query. You seem to be in need of a totals query that sums some columns and groups by others.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Correct dhookom. Sorry. I have a bunch of codes that i want grooped together and totaled up. I want them to be in order by day (that i got). So say i need a total of 24 of code xxx 8 by tue, 8 by thru and 8 by fri, i want to create them all at once, so my results in the query should show code xxx = 24 by tue. That i got, but then i needed to add "special comments". So for the 8 on thur i have to do something "special" to it, but now my query results are showing 16 for tue and 8 for thur, i still want the total of 24 with the special comments. Hope this helps... thank you for trying to help me out!!

Right now your post is just too ambiguous for us to isolate.

It sounds like you have a problem surrounding any of - the join, Group By or aggregate functions (Sum, Min, Max, etc.). On the other hand, it may be the data itself?

If you can switch your query to SQL view, post the text here along with sample records from your source table(s) and the desired result, someone can likley help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back