Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Proliant 1600 Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkeogh

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2003
GB
Hi,
Im fairly new to Compaq servers and have inherited a Proliant 1600, had to reboot the machine to apply some security updates but it now stalls with an error of
SCSI ID 0 Failed
I am however unable to get into the bios or into the SCSI setup.
Does any one know how to access the BIOS?

thanks
jk

Hi,

There are 2 ways:

The first is to press the F10 key when prompted with a small square blinking at the top right side during post. This will only work if you have the System Configuration Partition created on the drive.

The second option is to boot with the SmartStart CD.

Lou

F10 config utilites are unlikely to be of any help in this situation, what is telling you is that the HDD has gone west, this might be a temp problems and resolvable with a reformat, particularly if the IML has not shown any imminent failure warnings.

Additionally it would be a good idea to check out the minibackplane to ensure that the P5 connector is correctly seated, it should be to the far left of the connector, leaving blank pins to the right. Also check the seating of SCSI A or B cables on the minibackplane for correct seating.

Is it possible to get a copy of a SmartStart CD for my Model? The one I have doesnt see to work on it.

Jon

You can down load the smartstart from the website, 5.5 and lower will do it, 6.0 and above won't work

The Version I have is 3.50 and it says it wont work on that machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back