Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access pc via \\pcname\drive and ability to view control panel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzer1

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2004
US
Hello all,

I am able to see printers and faxes, documents and settings, etc when connected in this fashion. Is there a way to also view the remote pc's control panel? Thanks for your answer/s in advance.

Is there something in particular that you want to be able to see on other computers? I don't know of a way to see Control Panel, but Dameware NT Utilities will let you see pretty nearly anything that you want. Maybe that will do the trick.

Skip Tarrant, MCSE
Choice Solutions of Joplin
Joplin, MO, USA

Skip,
I am a network administrator and i liked the idea that I can set printers up on a remote machine from my workstation via \\computername\printers and faxes; it saves alot of time so I was just wondering if there was a way to access control panel the same way because sometimes there is a need to make changes via computer management or other. I'll look into Dameware.
Thank you for your response

Free remote control software. I know one person that put it on all machines on his network so he didn't have to leave his desk. Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
"Give the laziest man the hardest job and he'll find the easiest way to do it."

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back