Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access password request

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUMA

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
ES
I'm trying to connect a vb proyect with a cr report but at execution time when you open the report cr ask you for the db password. My db has a password and I use the property report.password to send it to cr but it seems not to receive it. Is there any posibility to avoid the request for the password?

I recently had a problem like this and it was the set up of the ODBC data source.&nbsp;&nbsp;I had to change the authenticity verification from SQL server username/password to WinNT verification.&nbsp;&nbsp;Once this change was made, the CR no longer asks for a username/password.<br><br>Scott

In my properties for my ODBC driver for the database using, I was able to store the password when I clicked on the &quot;advanced&quot; button.

Thank you very much for your answer. In this case I'm not using ODBC driver, I directly connect to a MS Access data base. The application will be distributed to many users so it's no possible to configure a driver in each PC. Do you know another possible solution? Thanks and best regards.

you are try this syntax: <br>crystalreport1.password = chr(10) &

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back