Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Password Deletion Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

escellentguy

Technical User
Nov 28, 2005
US
Hello all,

I am working with Office 2003. At some point I think I was experimenting with assigning a password to a database for an online function but now I cannot do anything in MSAccess without being prompted for a logon password. I have tried to think of any logon password I might have tried and I have tried to delete any pw or password files I could find. I have tried to open files using ElcomSoft password recovery and I have tried re-installing Access. Does anyone have any idea what I can do now to be able to use Access? I don't need to use any databases that are already created and may be password protected as they would have only been for test purposes. I just want to be able to create new databases without being prompted for a logon password. (There is no windows logon password as this is a stand-alone pc used by only me.)

Thank you for any direction on this.

What about restoring the original system.mdw ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back