Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Parameter Query as Recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooRageII

Programmer
Aug 25, 2002
US
I have some reports that step through a recordset (Table) but would like to narrow the recordset down by using a query as the recordset instead. My problem is that when I use a parameter query that gets the date range from a form it bombs out creating the recordset. I dont think that when it creates the recordset the parameters have a chance to execute. Currently the recordset consists of the table but once a history of use is built in the table performance is going to take a hit which is why I would like to use a query to narrow down the recordset used.

Thanks!

You need to set your Recordset type as Dynaset , if not Access default type is Table type with wont work with a query

I tried the Dynaset but still got the "Too Few Parameters, 2 Expected"?

You should show your query and how you supply the parameters to the query. Is the query the datasource for a Form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back