Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access NT workstation disks from Windows 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

caitsdeo

Programmer
May 25, 1999
US
I have NT workstations in a small domain and I want to map some of the disk drives to my Windows95 system that is not in the domain but is on the same physical subnet. I am able to map the PDC and BDC disks to my PC but not the workstations. What gives? I am using TCP\IP on the network. When I try to map a disk drive on a workstation I get a message asking for a password but none of the passwords I try do any good.

You need to create a user account on the NT Workstation before you can access the resources on that system<br>
<br>
Tool

All my users have domain accounts and all the workstations are in the domain. Any users can map a NT workstation drive from any other NT workstation but not from the Windows 95 PC's. All NT workstation have the drives as shared resources. What now?

But, have you tried creating a local account that reflects the user logging onto the windows 95 machine on the NT Workstation itself. Try it! Security is different between 95 and NT. Another NT workstation will not have the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back