Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access menu events

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcollins

Programmer
Jun 16, 1999
US
What I am trying to do is run some commands when someone chooses Insert | New Record from the Access main menu when a form is open. Then I would like to return control to Access for it to do it's normal function.

Is this possible? I have searched around and can't find any info.

Mike

I expect you could run some code in the On Current event of the form if the form is positioned on a new record.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Thanks Duane.. Again I see I may be looking in the wrong direction to do what I need.

Is there any way to tell from the On Current method that it was called from the user choosing Insert | New Record?

Mike

I doubt you can determine this.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

It can be possible if you create a custom toolbar/menubar with your own code to do what you want to and by removing the original access menubar from viewing to the user.

A time will come when he or she won't let you.

Thanks Zameer. That might be what I need to do. I would have thought that there was a way to write code for events of the standard menu, but I guess that replacing it with my own is just as easy.

Mike

Never try to edit the existing menu. You may go in trouble.

A time will come when he or she won't let you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back