Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Memo Field and <textarea> Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael42

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
US
In my ASP application I am detecting the Access 97 field type via a select statement and when the type is 203 or 204 (Access Memo) it outputs using a <textarea> tag instead of an <input type=text ...> tag.

My problem is weird. If there is a value for my Access memo all is well but if the memo is empty it uses a <input type=text ...> tag instead. I am so baffled.

I ensured that the field type when empty is still being identified with a memo (instead of text 202).

Please help me,

Michael

Hi Michael,

what i can give you is some hints why it happens.

If you try to input more than 255 characters in your database field see to it that its data type is memo and use <textarea> tag in your form element to handle this data.

In your Select query avoid using distinct because there's some problem of it when you will involve a memo type.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back