Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Manager Adminstration - Login

Status
Not open for further replies.

u253458

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
How can I login to Access Manager Admin tool from autoexe batch file?

Why d'you need that?
U can log-in via Network thru O.S. Signon.
If U need further info I can tell U about that but unfortunately I cannot tell U how to make an autoexe to login.

Einyel
Functional&Technical Cognos Consultant

The thing I am trying is to login to access manager as soon as my machine reboots. Because I have scheduler running some jobs to build cubes and these cubes have access manager security in them. So by chance if somebody reboots the machine and forgots to login to access manager, my cubes wont' build.

Also, Is there any script to login to Access Manager in bat?

I can also schedule the script to login to access manager in bat, if there is no way to auto start access manager during machine restart

Thanks

We never have to login to Access Mgr when re-boot to run cubes. We have "Administrator" in Access Manger as the login, therefore, no login needed to build cubes.

If you need to start it at re-boot, then just put the application in the "Start Up" folder in the Windows Explorer, so that at every re-boot, the AccMgr will start up.

CP [cook]

Thanks for your response.

I can open the access manager from startup. But problem is, how do I pass the namespace, login and passwd to logon to namespace by batch commond from startup menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back