Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access makes Excel not open properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

franksirvent

Programmer
Mar 8, 2002
GB
Hi there

I have an Access application which it looks like, after running for a while, it makes Excel not work properly.

The only problem is that, when I try to open an Excel sheet, it only opens 'part of' Excel, while the sheet itself is not visible.

i have noticed it happens to users which are running the Access application. If the Access application is not running, then it works ok

Is like if there is a 'memory' problem or something, as it all works ok for a while, but, after a while, the problem starts...

I have found a 'work around' by opening first Excel on its own, and then I open the excel sheet from within Excel. That works ok.

But if I double click on an Excel sheet (without having Excel opened first), I have the problem I have explained.

What I see is the Excel 'frame', just the borders and the top icons of Excel, but the sheet itself is not there (is see through, I can see the programs which are opened behind instead of the sheet)

Anyone had this problem and, can it be fixed ???

thanks

Have you opened Excel using Access and not closed it?

yes, I can several reports opened from the Access application but they are closed after we are finished with them.

The problem still occurs even if all excel sheets are closed.

Sorry, I did not phrase that right. Have you set a reference to Excel and not released it? One example would be:

Set objXL = Excel.Application

This should then be released:

Set objXL = Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back